Wednesday, February 13, 2013

RAINY MORNING PROJECT: ART JOURNAL PAGES

Such a sweet quote! I just had to use it, and since it was Valentine time it was perfect timing! I took down the scalloped cookie cutter from my collection in the kitchen and book and paints & off I went on a rainy morning to friend Hope's house for our second Art Journal painting session. By the way husband Maurice & I became Engaged on Feb 26, 1955 and we still celebrate that day every year, as well as our Wedding Anniversary Aug. 26, 1955.

Decided I'd try some of the Zentangle Patterns and ended up with "Flowers Behind The Fence"

Since I hadn't made a cover page yet, and was holding on to the perfect description for my book I decided to go for it! I found this picture that Hope had taking of me before our walk one morning and worked  my page around it.

Lastly, I finished my small Kaffee Fassett fabric quilt. I just Love It!  I had trouble finding the right color for the small corner block, but as I was laying out the blocks and strips minus the corners  on the pool table cover I saw that the color of the pool table cover was perfect! Don't tell anyboby ,but I found a place to snip a little piece off  to take with me to the fabric shop!  P.S. If you don't know about my two other sites and would like to visit they are: www.mcreatesdaily.blogspot.com and wwwfacebook.comMarlynneSnareFolkArtist

No comments:

Post a Comment